Saturday, February 20, 2016

Road Trip Vacation

This week's Project Quilting Challenge is I Need a Vacation.  I wasn't sure what to do, until I remembered I had bought fabric with Viewmaster reels on it.  When I was a kid, we went on a major road trip vacation every summer.  Two weeks, four kids, a dog, a pop-up camper, and a station wagon with no air conditioning.  One of the souvenirs we always got were Viewmaster reels.  They weren't too expensive and all four of us kids could share them.  So, here is "Road Trip with Viewmaster Souvenirs."  43"x47"
The road section was my hubby's idea and it is just perfect!  I am so happy with the results and the memories this quilt is bringing me.  Below is an close-up of the Viewmaster fabric.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those, too! What fun! Great little memory quilt, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete