So, I had this great idea. It came to me shortly after the challenge theme, Confetti, was posted. Unfortunately, life got in the way. We remodeled our bathroom and I had to spend some time getting all the junk out of the bathroom and in general clearing things out for the remodelers. I tried starting the project this morning, but I knew I wouldn't get it done. I got 12 blocks sewed and I will finish it for another challenge.
This is what I finally did. I started at about 4:30 and finished it about 6:30. Not my best work, but done is better than perfect.
I call it Let's Party. It's 12" x 13". I made a sandwich of the blue background fabric, then I cut a bunch of little pieces and laid them on the top of the sandwich. I loaded some varigated thread in my machine and meander over the top, making sure I caught the little bits of confetti. It was kind of a pain because I had to slow down and lift up my pressure foot to make sure I caught those little buggers. Once I meandered over the whole top and caught all the confetti, I meandered over it again to make sure everything stayed in place.
It's done and posted, so.....LET'S PARTY!