Saturday, January 9, 2016

Project Quilting Season 7 Challenge 1--Confetti

It's January, and that means that Project Quilting is up and running.  This cool challenge is the brainchild of my friend, Kim Lapacek.  She posts a theme on her blog on Sunday at noon and quilters have until the following Sunday at noon to finish it.  Size doesn't matter.  :)

So, I had this great idea.  It came to me shortly after the challenge theme, Confetti, was posted.  Unfortunately, life got in the way.  We remodeled our bathroom and I had to spend some time getting all the junk out of the bathroom and in general clearing things out for the remodelers.  I tried starting the project this morning, but I knew I wouldn't get it done.  I got 12 blocks sewed and I will finish it for another challenge.

This is what I finally did.  I started at about 4:30 and finished it about 6:30.  Not my best work, but done is better than perfect.
I call it Let's Party.  It's 12" x 13".  I made a sandwich of the blue background fabric, then I cut a bunch of little pieces and laid them on the top of the sandwich.  I loaded some varigated thread in my machine and meander over the top, making sure I caught the little bits of confetti.  It was kind of a pain because I had to slow down and lift up my pressure foot to make sure I caught those little buggers.  Once I meandered over the whole top and caught all the confetti, I meandered over it again to make sure everything stayed in place. 

It's done and posted, so.....LET'S PARTY!

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw this I knew I had to see what happened :) It's great! You finished with a fun little piece! Can't wait to see your other idea too!

    ReplyDelete