Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sharing my passion

Those of you who know me, know I love being a teacher.  I believe that teaching is a calling and I enjoy helping children on their educational journey.  I also enjoy teaching adults about my passions of quilting and dyeing fabric.  

I have had the privilege of teaching some adults lately.  A few weeks ago, I taught a quilting class at Ardyth's Sew n Vac in Baraboo.  Last week, I shared my love of dyeing fabric with the Gem City Quilters.  I forgot to bring my handouts, so I'm attaching them for the lovely ladies who were there that night.
Hand-dyeing supply list

  • procion dye
  • soda ash
  • table salt
  • synthrapol detergent
  • 100% cotton fabric--PFD
  • dust mask
  • latex gloves
  • ice cream buckets
  • measuring spoons
  • small container to mix dye
  • old wooden spoon
Please note--once you use something for dyeing, don’t use it for food!  

Resource:  
Dharma Trading
Color By Accident
Color By Design


No comments:

Post a Comment