Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Forest of Wonky Trees



Here is the first Project Quilting Challenge of 2015.  The theme is Trees, so I decided to make a forest of wonky, liberated trees, a la Gwen Marston.  I just sewed up a bunch of trees, laid them out on the floor, then added strips to fit it all together.  It measures 34" x 35" and I call it A Forest of Wonky Trees.  I'm happy with how it turned out, but I may add some more quilting.

I made a little chicken that I was thinking about putting on the quilt, but decided against it.  It is a cute little chicken and it may just show up in another quilt in the future.....
P.S.  I quilt in Reedsburg, Wisconsin.  This statement is to fulfill the PQ requirements.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your trees! What a great piece! I love the little chicken! Can't wait to see where she shows up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonky forest. That chicken is so cute and definitely needs to appear in a different project. :)

    ReplyDelete