Sunday, August 31, 2014

Red and White Challenge

August has been another crazy month.  I was taking some grad classes, and of course, there is all of the back-to-school inservices.  It seems like I didn't have any time to work on the challenge.  I've done everyone so far this year, so I figured I'd better make sure to get this one done, too.  I started and finished it yesterday.  It is 9 1/2" square.  I had plans for something bigger, but life got in the way.

I call this Playing With ThRED.  It's loosely based on a Zentangle design.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  It did give me a chance to work on my machine quilting skills.  I'm never going to be able to do fine, heirloom quilting, but I like the modern look.

This is another reason I did not have time to work on the red and white challenge.  It is a quilt that will be donated to my church's fall festival to be auctioned off.  I spent time at the school run by my church last spring, working with the then-7th grade students.  They cut and sewed the blocks, then I put the whole thing together and quilted it.  The festival is a week from today, so it had to be done.  I work best under a deadline.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment