Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Grocery Store Challenge

It is with a heavy heart that I post this morning.  I learned that one of my students passed away over the weekend in a snowmobile accident.  He was a seventh grade; definitely too young to die.  Please say a prayer for his family and all his young friends.

My challenge seems awfully sunny and bright to follow such sad news, but here it is.  I call it Citrus Salad and my three inspirations were lemons, limes, and oranges.  It is ironing pad and tote to take my travel iron to classes in.
The orange and yellow wedges are leftovers from another project. I am making a quilt for my oldest grandson using construction truck fabric.  I cut the blocks wonky, so the orange and yellow are the trimmings from the wonky cuts.
Here it is laying open.  I've had that travel iron for about 25 years and it is still going strong.  Gotta love Black and Decker products!  For the batting, I used a sample of InsulFab by Warm that I've had laying around for awhile.  I covered both sides of the InsulFab with muslin.
Here's the catch...I can't figure out how to fold the darn thing.  The directions I got off the internet were great for the construction part of the project, but they showed the whole thing folded up without step-by-step directions to do it.  You should have seen my husband and I trying to figure it out!  Well, it's done and I have been wanting to make one for awhile.  Thanks again, Project Quilting, for getting my butt in gear!

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make one of these. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This is wonderful! I hope you figure out how to fold it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...man. I'm so sorry to hear about your student...much too young.

    ReplyDelete