Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rough week

This has certainly been a rough week at school.  As I mentioned in my post last week, one of my students died. He was involved in a snowmobile accident.  The outpouring of emotions from my students has been difficult to witness.  There was sorrow and grief, sometimes anger, many tears and laughter and smiles, too.  Some students were inappropriate, but that is a result of them being so young (7th grade) and unable to handle the situation.

I was at the visitation last night.  I stayed the whole time and hugged a lot of students and teachers.  We on the 7th grade teaching team did well all week, holding it together for the kids, but we hit our wall yesterday.  We finally gave ourselves a chance to grieve, too.  For me, it hits too close to home.  My son is only two years older than Zach.  You never know when a loved one will be taken from you.

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to Zach's family and friends.  They will need time, love, and support to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment