Saturday, February 22, 2014

Project Quilting Challenge

So, here is the quilt I made for the Project Quilting challenge, Across the Universe.  My husband designed this quilt in August of 1987 and I am finally getting around to making it.  I call it "Starry, Starry Night."  The background fabric was hand-dyed by my friend, Chris Daly.  I played around with Angelina fibers for the first time.  The moon is Angelina, and I overlaid Angelina on the Big Dipper stars.  I didn't bind the piece; I just turned the front to the back and stitched.  I was afraid a binding would take away from the overall effect.

I started this last Sunday, but most of the work was done yesterday and today.  I see the picture is dated Feb. 5--I guess I'd better fix that on my camera for the next challenge.