Saturday, October 1, 2011

Too Long!

My daughter says I need to start blogging again.  She's right.  So much has happened since I last posted in January.  Let's see....my dad passed away from brain cancer in May.  He was only 73 and one of the healthiest people I knew.  He is dearly missed.

A week after dad's funeral, my hubby was called back to work after being laid off for almost a year and half.  A week after that, I was hired by the School District of Reedsburg as an elementary math interventionist.  Quite an emotional roller coaster over those few weeks.

The best thing that has happened is that I'm a grandma now.  Jacob was born in August and is the most beautiful baby in the world!  Being a grandma is the best thing ever!  Babies are the theme in our family this year--my sister-in-law and brother are going to have twins any day now.

With all of those babies, of course I've been making baby quilts.  I'm still not quilting as much as I would like, but I'm getting at it a bit more.  I come home from work every day so tired that I need to take a nap.  It's hard to get the energy in the evening to go downstairs and sew.  I think once I really get into the swing of my new job, I won't be as tired. 

So, hopefully, I'll do a better job of blogging.  I'll have to take some pics of my quilts and other stuff I'm doing.

3 comments:

  1. She's ba-a-a-a-ck! Yeah! Glad things are back on track for you. It was a valley there for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's ba-a-ack! Yeah! Glad to see your life back on a good track again. It was a valley there for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I'm glad some many positive things have come to pass since then. Thinking of you! Chris

    ReplyDelete