Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quilts for family

The last three days I've been working on quilts for family members. My brother and his wife are expecting twins, pretty much any day now. I'm making quilts for them. They are red, white, and blue because my brother is retired Air Force and my sister-in-law is still in the Air Force. I used the same fabric in each, but they have a different designs. I'm putting a flange on them before I add the border. It's just a 2" strip of fabric, pressed in half lengthwise, wrong sides together. I baste the flange on with an 1/8" inch seam allowance before adding the border. Hopefully, I'll have pictures to post tomorrow.

The other quilt is one for my niece's graduation. I figure if I start it now, I should have it done by June. It's going to be done in 30's fabrics, which are her favorite fabrics. It's looking good so far!

Last night, at the Lodi Guild, Marilyn Boyle and Kristie Christie showed their collaborative quilts. They were fabulous and Marilyn and Kristie seem to have so much fun quilting. They based their quilts on quilts made by Gwen Marston and Freddie Moran. I took a class with Gwen several years ago and now I'm inspired to work on the project I started in that class!

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time at Lodi with you and the gang last night. So glad to see you so happy.

    ReplyDelete