Saturday, January 1, 2011

I hate basting quilts!

I think the reason I have so many quilt tops and not many finished quilts is that I hate basting quilts. I don't have a good place to do it at my house. I usually lay my quilts out on the floor. After basting, I end up with a backache. I've tried basting sprays, but I'm not sold on them. I don't think they're much easier than pin basting.

Today, I tried layering a baby quilt using a fusible batting. I thought it would be faster and easier. Well, it really wasn't. Maybe a little easier since I didn't have to crawl around on the floor. It would have worked better if I had one of those big ironing boards, instead of my normal-sized one. I don't think I'd ever do a big quilt, though, especially without the big board. I think I'll reserve fusible batting for use in purses and similar small projects.

The baby quilt I'm doing is for a friend. Her family grows Christmas trees. With hubby off of work, I was worried a tree would be out of our budget. But through the wonderful world of bartering, I got a tree and she gets a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment