OMG. It's been three months since I last posted. No real excuse. I've been quilting and dyeing, not to mention getting back to school and teaching new curriculum. I'm teaching language arts this year in addition to social studies and I love it. I love language arts and I hope that I'm passing that passion to my students.
Today, I tried something new--ice dyeing. I froze several different dyes in an ice cube tray. After they were frozen, I crushed them by putting the cubes in a plastic bag and pounding them with a hammer. My husband said I should put them in a blender, but the hammer worked, plus I didn't have to buy a "dedicated" dye blender. I soaked my fabric in soda ash solution, then layed it on a screen I scavenged from someone's trash. I put the crushed dye cubes on top of the fabric. Now I'm just waiting for the dye cubes to melt. I can't wait to see the results! The picture shows my set-up.