Thursday, June 10, 2010

Great Time With Old Friends

Last night, I traveled to Mukwonago for the Crazy Quilter's Guild 25th Anniversary. I was a charter member and the first president. That was the first quilt group I ever belonged to. I have to say that the support of those ladies and what I learned from the group was instrumental in keeping me in quilting all these years.

It was great to see some old friends I haven't seen in a long time. There were many new faces at the meeting, too, but like all quilters, they were all friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed catching up with my friends and hope to see them again soon. Gayle--I'm willing to come to your house for a visit!

I did crack up at the picture of me from my year as president. I was a baby then! Only 25 years old and about 25 lbs less.

I was impressed with their show and tell. They did a UFO challenge, signing a contract back in January to finish a UFO by the June meeting. I'm thinking our guild should do that! The range of colors, techniques, patterns, etc., was amazing. I love show and tell. Quilters love ALL quilts, from beginner's first efforts to award-winning pieces. I learned a new acronym--NBS--Never Been Started. I've got a few of those, with the pattern and fabric all set aside to start someday.

Thanks Crazy Quilters for inviting me and I'm looking forward to the 25th Anniversary celebration of their show!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great meeting, wasn't it? And I am participating in my own UFO challenge. I never thought of signing a contract though. Gee what should the consequences be IF I don't get them done?

    ReplyDelete