Monday, May 31, 2010

Creativity 101

I was at Quintessential Quilts the other day, buying fabric for the sashing for my 7th graders quilt, when I saw their buck a block (it's a block of the month kind of thing). It's being done in black and white, so that is what caught my eye. You can make two blocks from the strips. There is enough left over for a third block, but what I'm going to do is make two more by adding a color from my stash. I'm trying to decide if I want the accent color to be the same throughout the quilt, or if I'll use different colors each month. I'll use my hand-dyes. I'm thinking lime green would be fun.


I always have to put my own stamp on patterns, etc. That way I can make it my own. It's creativity 101! Just change a little something and yours is different than anyone else's. So, see how easy it is. With the buck a block, all I'm doing is adding my own color and it's all mine. Everyone can be creative with just a little effort. You can do it! Change up the pattern and make it yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment