Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday night

Yesterday, I went to the Crazy Quilters quilt show in Mukwonago. Great quilts and lots of inspiration.

I feel like I got a lot accomplished today. I've been feeling guilty about not really putting my nose to the gridstone to get the wedding quilt done. But, then I have to get my crayon challenge done for the guild challenge in May. So today, I sewed one crayon challenge block, then sewed another block into the rows for the wedding quilt. I got all of my two-piece crayon blocks done and I got two more rows done on the wedding quilt. Yeh! It won't be longer and that quilt top will be done.

Speaking of the wedding quilt....yesterday, I stopped at a quilt shop on my way home from the quilt show. I bought some fabric for the border for the wedding quilt. Of course, I didn't have any scraps from the quilt with me, so I pulled a fabric to match my memory. Well, once I got it home, I'm not sure it will work. Oh well, I guess I can put it on the back.

Tomorrow night at quilt guild, we're going to have a great lecturer coming to speak to us. Her name is Carol Butzke. She's a quilt show judge, a quilt appraiser, a fantastic quilter, and all-around nice person. It should be an interesting evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment