Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sewing on the bus

I'm learning how much a person can get done in 5 minutes. And how much more than 5 minutes I spend because I've been motivated to just start. You can do this regardless of your hobby--reading, knitting, scrapbooking, etc. Five minutes here, 5 minutes there, and before you know it, you've accomplished something big.

Today, my 5 minutes (and then some) were spent on a school bus full of middle schoolers on the way to a roller skating field trip. I managed to baste these 6 hexagons while riding on the bumpy bus. The kids were very well-behaved--mostly plugged into their i-pods. It made it easy to get some things done. I'm lucky that I can sew and read in a moving vehicle without getting sick.

Yesterday, I wasn't sure if I would get my 5 minutes in. I was on the go from the time the alarm went off until about 9:45, without a break. The evening was taken up with quilt guild. We had a wonderful lecture given by Carol Butzke. If you ever have a chance to listen to her speak or to take a workshop from her, do it. It will be well worth your time and money. Anyway, I was going to count the lecture as my 5 minutes, because I was dragging butt by the time I got home. But being true to my goal, I basted a few hexagons. So I did get 5 minutes of actual work in. My GFG quilt will get done in no time because when I truly only have 5 minutes I can at least work on that quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment