Sunday, April 18, 2010

The M & M wedding quilt







It feels so good to get stuff accomplished! I'm not quite done with the wedding quilt, but it's getting closer! I've got 2/3 of it sewed together and the remaining rows are just waiting to be added.






Today, I journeyed down to Country Sampler in Spring Green to buy the border fabric for the wedding quilt. I found a nice dark slate blue that will work. I'm putting a dark brownish gray narrow border on first, then the blue. I'm thinking the binding will be pieced from leftovers from the interior of the quilt, with maybe a brown or dark tan piping. It's great to be so close to the end of the quilt. It might just be done in time for their first anniversary!


As I was laying the quilt out to take the picture, I had to move Hot Wheels out of the way. I realized what an interesting statement that made about my life. I'm making a wedding quilt for the oldest child and still buying Hot Wheels for the youngest. My life is in so many different places at this moment. I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment