Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Fruitful Weekend


Well, I really nailed the 5 minutes a day this weekend! I was on a quilt retreat and I was working on my Judy Neimeyer Hawaiian Star quilt. I pieced the the 8 half circle starbursts. You can see them on the very edges in the first picture--I've only got three of them layed out. They are made in turquoise and purply-brown.






The other pictures feature Tacoma the monster dog, who always lays on any quilt I try to lay on the floor, and Trevor. He's the guy that still needs his seal quilt quilted.






The nice thing about the retreat this weekend was I spent it with my mom and a bunch of friends. It was so relaxing and stress-free, something I really needed! It was fun to quilt for the sheer enjoyment of it!




And, yes, I've managed to quilt 5 minutes a day everyday. Wednesday I think it was, I was only able to do the 5 mins, but I met the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, your quilt is spectactular! Wow is all I can say. It will be a show stopper. Glad you got some rest and refilling.

    ReplyDelete