Saturday, April 3, 2010

The day before Easter


Well, it's day three and all is going well. Yesterday, I worked on Mal & Mike's quilt and my Grandmother's Flower Garden, and read the latest issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. Today, I've worked on Mal & Mike's quilt. I'm working on the center 1/3 of it. Since it's set on point, the center has longer rows than either end. I should have the center complete within the next couple of days, then I can move onto the last 1/3. Then borders, quilting, and binding. One step at a time!


The picture is of the elongated Grandmother's Flower Garden. I'm basing it on a quilt I saw at the Sister Bay Historical Museum. You just keep adding rows and rows of hexagons. At some point, it will be long enough, so I won't go completely around. I'll just add on the corners, so it ends up rectangular. I will not end it with hexagons! I don't want to bind hexagons! I'll keep posting pictures as the project progresses. I really like having a hand project to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment