Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crayon Challenge


I really like doing my GFG because I can do it in the car, in bed while watching the weather, or at a museum while my son and nephew are looking around. I got some hexagons sewed on while traveling up north today.


I did get some other sewing done. I completed the blocks for my crayon challenge. You can see them in the picture. I'm not sure if this is the set I'm going to use, but I'm liking the way it's looking. I'm still figuring out what to do for borders, too. I have to at least get the top pieced by our May guild meeting.
I am happy to report that I am keeping up with my challenge. At least 5 minutes of quilting every day. I'm getting a lot accomplished. My next challenge is to get my sewing room cleaned and organized.
Today, on our way to pick up our venison sausage, we stopped at Brubaker's in Witthee. It's the place I bought my Bernina 440. It's a Mennonite dry goods store. They have a nice selection of fabric and their prices are reasonable. I bought five pairs of fuzzy knee socks. Remember the cable knit kind we wore when we were kids. Those are my favorite kind of socks. They keep my tootsies warm in the winter and are high enough to wear with boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment