Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A new challenge

I watched the movie, "Julie and Julia" over the weekend. It's a great movie and it gave me a great idea. Julie Powell cooked through Julia Child's whole cookbook in a year and blogged about it. I thought to myself, what kind of challenge can I set up for myself, like Julie did in the movie? So here's my challenge, and I probably won't do as well as Julie....I'm going to quilt everyday and blog about it. My challenge is spend at least 5 mins everyday doing something that has to do with quilting. It can be embroidering my basket blocks, or hand-piecing my grandmother's flower garden, or cleaning my sewing room, or piecing, or quilting..............well, you get the picture. I've been so dang lazy lately and haven't gotten much quilting done. It's easier to sit in my chair than to go downstairs and quilt.

I'm going to start on April 1, April Fools Day, which seems appropriate. Other than at least 5 mins. a day, I'm not setting any other goals. If I do, I'll just set myself up for failure. I know all my quilting friends are thinking, "What, only 5 mins. a day? Are you crazy?" Once I get into the swing of things, it will be more than 5 mins, but that 5 mins helps on days when I'm not feeling well, or overwhelmed with household stuff. Anyway, cross your fingers and hope I can do this. I'll post pics along the way. :-)

Thanks, Julie Powell, for the idea!

1 comment:

  1. What a great challenge Kelly. You are motivating me to do something now. I will be checking in to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete