Sunday, March 21, 2010

Family

In my life, God comes first, family and friends second, and I'm third. I do admit that once in awhile I put myself ahead of family in order to recharge my batteries. By doing so, I make myself a better wife, mom, etc.

Yesterday, we went down to Illinois for my husband's uncle's 90th birthday. Tom is the only living sibling on Stephen's dad's side. I do admit that I was a little grumpy about having to go. I had to leave a wonderful quilting workshop. Once there, though, I realized that my being at the party was important to my husband and his family. So, it was worth it. All of Tom's children and their spouses were there, along with many of the grandkids. There were many other family members and plenty of friends. I could tell my husband was happy to see his cousins, many of whom he hasn't seen for years. Amanda and Trev went with us and they were so well-behaved! They got along famously with all of the assorted and asundry relatives.

So, all-in-all, it was a good day. I started out by pampering myself with some quilting, and ended up by enjoying time with family. What more could I want out of life?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it all turned out well in the end. Blog is really looking fancy and pretty. Great Job! Thanks for putting all of the work into the sewing day. It was wonderful

    ReplyDelete