Monday, January 25, 2010


This is the start to the wedding quilt for the M & M couple (my daughter and son-in-law). They got married in June and I'm still working on the quilt. It will get done, eventually. They picked out the general color scheme and I picked out the fabrics. Most of the lights are Japanese taupes. It's a pretty subtle color scheme, not my usual wild and bright, but it's turning out nice. I hope M & M like it!

In this close-up, notice the tags hanging on the top of each row. I got these tags at our guild Christmas gift exchange from my good quilting friend, Debbie. I think she got the idea off another blog. The tags are bobbins for embroidery floss. They're tagged with the row number, then pinned to the row. It's really helping me keep organized, especially since this quilt is on-point. You can see some of those yummy Japanese taupes in this close-up.


6 comments:

  1. I love the design and fabrics. Great to see the tags getting used too. Will you do the quilting too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Work! Nice Colours! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do plan on doing the quilting myself, with a varigated tan thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It should match our bedroom perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like it, sweetie! I'll make a quilt for your spare room, too, but it will be in batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, why wouldn't Mallory love it? It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete